A Briefing on National Housing Policy (and the impact in Virginia)
VAHCDO coordinated a briefing on national housing policy with our partners at NAHRO and the Affordable Housing Tax Credit Coalition. The core topics are listed below along with links to the presentations.
- Affordable Housing Credit Improvement Act – Bipartisan effort to expand the LIHTC program nationally by about 600K units.
- Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Reform – The Final Rule was issued in 2020 and will affect investment in tax credits for projects in 2023.
- Housing as Infrastructure – A far-reaching national infrastructure bill may be close and should include housing as a key component.
- FY21/22 HUD funding – Secretary Fudge has been appointed and already has targeted initiatives we’ll see in the next budget.
- Tess Hembree is the Director of Congressional Relations at National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO) where she works as a government relations professional, grassroots advocacy expert, and effective lobbyist to help communities across the country access federal funding and legislative solutions.
Click Here for presentation.